On the 5th of October 2021, the grand finale of the LAUTECH innovation challenge was hosted by LAUCRID.
The finale which took place at the Great Hall, with the theme, “Technological Innovation as a Vital Tool for Sustainable Economic Development” was well attended by students and staff of the institution.
During his speech, the director of LAUCRID, Prof. T. A. Adedosu appreciated the management and everyone who supported and contributed to the success of the event.
Of the thirty five teams that submitted applications, five made it to the final stage.
They finalists are:
- Odunaiya Abraham a 500 Level student of MEE. He worked on developing an AI noise detector and control device in libraries.
- Owoade Abdraheem, a 300Lvl student who worked on the construction of an automated flood warning system.
- Adegoke Abdqoyyum, a 300 Level EEE student who worked on the construction of a smart fish pond.
- Olawale Micheal, 400lvl FSE. He worked on the development of an app for online food services.
- Kamil Ajagbe, a 500 level Medicine and Surgery student who worked on Measura health- a system focused on revolutionising health care system in Nigeria.
The innovation challenge was supported by Engr. Seyi Makinde, Oyo State Governor, Food Bank Nig. Ltd, Airtel Nig. Ltd and Tetfund amongst others.
The winning teams were presented awards, certificates and cash prizes ranging from 20,000-150,000 Naira.