The Information Communication and Technology Centre of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology caught fire at the later part of the evening on Tuesday, 6th August, 2019.
According to random talks heard from the security officials, the fire outbreak was caused by an Air Conditioner that was left working. This was however, not officially confirmed by UCJ LAUTECH due to the non compliance of the security officials.
The fire was controlled by the swift response of the men on duty, before the arrival of the Oyo State Fire Service. According to the UCJ correspondents on the site of the occurrence, just one office was affected